Here I am, as written in the previous post ... I'll try, with simple steps to show you some techniques on working with clay.
In this post I will show you how to make a bowl with the plate technique .
What you need: a rolling pin to roll out the clay, wooden listellini of uniform thickness of the plate, a knife to cut it, a bowl to use as a template, the famous slip e. .. needless to say. .. a piece of clay. The bowl I used my piece is not yet worked on the lathe and glazed, like if you have one is perfect, otherwise if you use the bowls in glazed terracotta or plastic I suggest you cover them with plastic wrap, otherwise the clay will adhere to the surface too and it will be impossible to remove. The unglazed bowl is ideal because it is porous clay absorbs moisture facilitating our work.
start spreading the clay with the help of rolling pin using the strips to get a plate of uniform thickness. The cut out the desired shape, for this I cut a square bowl.
Done this we take our bowl and gently shaped plate on the inside, we can help with a damp sponge.
At this point you should forget it for a bit. When you feel that the clay is a
po'asciugata you can remove it from the mold, it is difficult to say how much time must pass, the drying of the clay depends above all on the weather and then also the environment in which we work. When
Remove the mold from the clay to remain as you have modeled.
Let dry for a bit ', with a brush can remove the excess slurry.
When the slurry will have little 'dry scratching with a stick you can make decorations, if you have the buttons can be used as molds by pressing on the clay and if you feel you can do even with a boxcutter tunnels.
Once the piece is well dried before cooking, you can always give a pass with fine sandpaper to remove any imperfection, but careful not to break the clay at this stage of work I've ruined many pieces.
when it is ready add the picture, if you have any questions or requests will be happy to help you.
Good creativity.
0 comments:
Post a Comment